Social Responsibility Built In
Tecorra is a business aimed at making sustainability accessible to everyone. With a deep passion for nature and conservation of the planet, we started Tecorra with everyone in mind. Tecorra will always provide products suitable for all people, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion.
The survival of our natural world and the fight against racism are intrinsically linked. The term intersectional environmentalism describes the need to protect both, people, and planet. Be it with regard to Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) who fight to protect this planet and who are directly affected by racism in ways which weaken and derail their work efforts , or the fact that it is BIPOC communities who are most closely affected by the negative consequences of climate change and natural disasters  as well as worse access to relief and aid from said natural disasters. This connection runs deep.
With these undeniable truths at mind, we have developed the following action plan that we will hold ourselves accountable to uphold:
1.) We at Tecorra take the Intersectional Environmentalist Pledge
- We will stand in solidarity with BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+, and Disability communities and the planet
- We will not ignore the intersections of environmentalism and social justice
- We will use our privilege to advocate for Black and brown lives in spaces where their messages are often silenced
- We will proactively do the work to learn about the environmental and social injustices these communities face without minimizing their voices
- We will respect the boundaries of BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+, and Disability friends and activists and not demand they perform emotional labour or do the work for me
- We will share our learning’s with other environmentalists and our community
- We will amplify the messages of BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+, and Disability justice activists and environmental leaders
- We will not remain silent during pivotal political and cultural moments that impact targeted communities
2.) Although many of our products are accessible for all, we understand that there are some products which are applicable only to specific skin or hair types, for example shampoo and conditioner bars. As we add more products to our shop, we will always consider whether these are accessible to all and, if not, add products which make the range inclusive.
3.) We are making a conscious effort to make sure we source products from BIPOC owned businesses. All our products must meet a wide range of ethical and sustainable criteria to be listed, but we actively pursue an inclusive range of businesses by stocking their products. We always welcome brands to contact us.
4.) We will continue to learn and educate ourselves. This is an evolving topic and we strive to stay up-to-date and educated on all aspects of intersectional environmentalism as well as to be allies.
5.) As Tecorra continues to grow and once we reach a point where we will expand and hire employees, we promise to do everything in our power to be a diverse, safe, and inclusive place of work. Once we reach this point, we will include and share more detailed information.
6.) We welcome brand suggestions. If you spot a gap in our range that excludes people we want to hear about it. We acknowledge we aren’t perfect and are more than happy to have an open, or private, conversation – whichever you prefer.
This will be an evolving process which we will actively engage in. We very much invite your feedback and suggestions on this matter. If you own a business and think we should be stocking your products, please get in touch! If you are a customer and feel we are missing a product, please get in touch! If you are an influencer wishing to work with us, please get in touch! It is our goal to be part of those businesses that create meaningful and long-lasting change in this world and to actively contribute to our shared future.