This compact nourishing shampoo bar uses caster oil for a creamy and deep conditioning lather that cleans and cares for your locks and scalp. It's brilliantly long lasting with relaxing lavender and rose geranium essential oils which help reduce stress and boost antibacterial performance.
Friendly Soap use castor oil because its been used for centuries as a natural conditioner and scalp treatment. To make it even better, they add coconut and olive oils providing a rich, nourishing and moisturising quality.
These shampoo bars are completely free from palm oil, parabens, sulphates, triclosan and phthalates. It comes packaged in a plastic-free recycled and recyclable box.
Friendly Soap have even earned a ‘Best’ rating with Ethical Consumer, proving their commitment to providing truly eco friendly products.
While the majority of people can swap over to natural shampoo bars without any problems, we recommend you pop over to the Friendly Soap website and read their guidance on their shampoo product page if you do have any issues. They do say it can take a few washes to "purge" chemicals out of your hair.
The following may affect the performance of natural shampoo:
- Dyed Hair - these natural shampoo bars are not formulated for coloured hair so some may experience fading.
- Treated Hair - Many treatments and dyes contain harsh chemicals that can strip the hair of natural oils. This may reset the "purging process".
- Hard Water - Some areas of the UK have ‘hard water’ this can effect the length of the transition period and performance of the natural shampoo.
Consumers use on average six times the amount of liquid soap by weight than bar soap in every wash. Not only will switching to soap bars help reduce your plastic waste - they will save you money over the year.
Here are a some of the many reasons to make the swap today:
- Approximately 13 billion plastic bottles, such as soap bottles, are used in the UK each year (36 million every day!).
- In 2018, over 5.3 billion household plastic bottles were not collected to be recycled from UK households (14.5 million every day ).
- Plastic bottles make up a third of all plastic found in the sea and, if the current rising trend of marine plastic pollution continues, the tonnage of plastic in the sea will outweigh fish by 2050.
- Plastic in the ocean gets consumed by sea-life. The average seafood consumer in the UK will be ingesting about 11,000 plastic particles every year as this plastic has now been proven to be in our food chain.
- Bar soaps on average require five times less energy for raw material production.
- Much more energy is used to produce the raw materials and packaging for liquid soaps causing them to have a higher carbon footprint and ozone depletion.
We have a dedicated blog post on plastic bottles in general which you can find here.
For details on why we need to drastically reduce our overall plastic consumption visit our blog post here.
- Free from Parabens, SLS, SLES and Palm Oil.
- Vegan Society and Cruelty Free International approved.
- Cruelty free (Leaping Bunny approved, no animal testing)
- Vegan (Vegan Society Registered)
- Living Wage Employer (Living Wage Foundation)
- Ethical Consumer Best Buy Label
- Packaged in 100% recycled and recyclable card
- Uses olive oil from a company that guarantees not to use the super-intensive, night-time harvesting methods that lead to large numbers of bird deaths
- Soap bar weight 95g
Directions: Rub the shampoo bar gently over your head in one direction, from front to back. Once you’ve a good amount of shampoo on your head, massage it into your scalp using your fingers. Finally rinse your hair with water until every drop of shampoo is out. In case of contact with eyes, rinse with clean water immediately.
Ingredients: Sodium cocoate, Sodium olivate, Sodium castorate, Aqua, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) essential oil contains linalool, limonene, geraniol, Pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) essential oil contains geraniol, citronella, linalool
Delivery & Returns
We offer free UK delivery on orders over £50.
UK Economy - £2.95
2-3 working days
UK First Class - £3.95
1-2 working days
In special circumstances, such as large orders, we will use DPD.
Please refer to our delivery & returns page for rates outside the UK, our returns policy and additional delivery information.