These plastic-free and organic hair ties come in a pack of five and are 100% biodegradable. They are ethically and responsibly made in California and are hand dyed using low impact dye.
These ties don't just make environmental sense - they make financial sense too. The ties are built to last longer than the average plastic hair tie so instead of repeatedly buying another multi pack of plastic ties, try these out.
Plastic hair ties aren't generally made to last, which is why you get packs of 10, 20 or even 100. It's concerning that the manufacturers are treating them like disposable products, when they're absolutely not in environmental terms.
So why do we desperately want everyone to stop using plastic products?
- The equivalent of a truckload of plastic enters the oceans every minute.
- There are five trillion pieces of plastic in our oceans – enough to circle the Earth over 400 times.
- Ingestion of microplastic by sea life can transfer toxins up the food chain and into our food supply. That means not only are our oceans being ruined, but if you are a seafood consumer you will almost certainly be eating plastic.
Plastic has reached epidemic proportions and the UN Oceans Chief described it as a “planetary crisis”. We need to all drastically reduce our plastic consumption today.
For more details on why we need to drastically reduce our overall plastic consumption visit our blog post here.
- 75% GOTS certified organic cotton, 25% natural rubber.
- 100% biodegradable.
- Fair trade certified.
- Estimated breakdown of 7 years in compost.
You can wash these in cold water but because they're hand dyed the colour may run on the first wash.
Delivery & Returns
We offer free UK delivery on orders over £50.
UK Economy - £2.95
2-3 working days
UK First Class - £3.95
1-2 working days
In special circumstances, such as large orders, we will use DPD.
Please refer to our delivery & returns page for rates outside the UK, our returns policy and additional delivery information.