A durable plastic-free bottle brush ideal for washing tins, jars, glasses, baby bottles and sports bottles. This bottle brush is skilfully handmade in Sri Lanka with fair wages from coir coconut fibre wrapped around a metal core that will not rust. The handle is made of rubberwood.
This brush is a great recyclable alternative to plastic bottles brushes and will last for months. When it's finally worn out it can be recycled and is biodegradable.
Plastic sponges aren't generally made to last, which is why you generally get them in multi-packs. It's concerning that the manufacturers are treating them like disposable products, when they're absolutely not in environmental terms.
So why do we desperately want everyone to stop using plastic products?
- The equivalent of a truckload of plastic enters the oceans every minute
- There are five trillion pieces of plastic in our oceans – enough to circle the Earth over 400 times.
- Using a plastic standard washing-up sponge releases microplastic particles into the water system with each tub of dishes
- Ingestion of micro-plastic by sea life can transfer toxins up the food chain and into our food supply. That means not only are our oceans being ruined, but if you are a seafood consumer you will almost certainly be eating plastic
Plastic has reached epidemic proportions with the UN Oceans Chief described it as a “planetary crisis”. We need to all drastically reduce our plastic consumption today.
For more details on why we need to drastically reduce our overall plastic consumption visit our blog post here.
- 29cm x 5cm
- 100% Vegan
- Made from cor fibre (coconut) twisted around a recyclable and rustproof metal core with a rubberwood handle
- Ethically made in Sri Lanka
- Biodegradable and recyclable
- Packaged in recyclable card. There is a small clear biodegradable sticker holding it together which is made from cellulose.
Rinse thoroughly before first use. After each use rinse, squeeze out excess water and store in a dry place, ideally hanging by it's loop. Loose fibres may appear on initial usage but these will reduce over time.
Delivery & Returns
We offer free UK delivery on orders over £50.
UK Economy - £2.95
2-3 working days
UK First Class - £3.95
1-2 working days
In special circumstances, such as large orders, we will use DPD.
Please refer to our delivery & returns page for rates outside the UK, our returns policy and additional delivery information.