The Konjac sponge is made from the root of the Konjac plant, grown in Asia. They're a perfect vegan replacement for sea sponges, which are often sourced unsustainably, and synthetic plastic sponges which leak micro-plastic into our oceans.
Perfect for sensitive skin, these Konjac sponges cleanse and exfoliate, giving your skin a smooth and glowing look, without the harsh irritation of a physical scrub. They are non-toxic, completely natural, sustainable and even help remove blackheads. This sponge is 100% natural konjac, contains no additives and is leaping bunny certified.
How to use
Prior to first use, fill the sink with warm water and submerge the sponge for a minute or so. It will expand and turn from firm to lovely and soft. Squeeze out the excess water, and use as you would any sponge!
After use, we recommend squeezing out excess water and hang it to dry to keep it fresh. Replace every 6 months.
- Made from the konjac plant
- Leaping bunny certified - cruelty free
When you use a plastic sponge, microplastic particles can break off and enter our water system, normally ending up in the ocean. Plastic waste is an enormous problem spiralling out of control.
- Ingestion of microplastic by sea life can transfer toxins up the food chain and into our food supply. That means not only are our oceans being ruined, but if you are a seafood consumer you will almost certainly be eating plastic.
- The equivalent of a truckload of plastic enters the oceans every minute.
- There are five trillion pieces of plastic in our oceans – enough to circle the Earth over 400 times.
Plastic has reached epidemic proportions and the UN Oceans Chief described it as a “planetary crisis”. We need to all drastically reduce our plastic consumption today.
For more details on why we need to drastically reduce our overall plastic consumption visit our blog post here.
Delivery & Returns
We offer free UK delivery on orders over £50.
UK Economy - £2.95
2-3 working days
UK First Class - £3.95
1-2 working days
In special circumstances, such as large orders, we will use DPD.
Please refer to our delivery & returns page for rates outside the UK, our returns policy and additional delivery information.